Ok…It’s not exactly the kind of recipe you want to do in summer, I know…but if you live in Switzerland like me and you are quite desperate with the weather… you might want to think again! 😉 I didn’t really bother buying broccoli before – I just found it sooo boring…but now that I’ve found something to do with it, I have changed my mind. This recipe is great as a starter or just as a meal (and it’s healthy!). Serve it with a slice of bread (or croutons) and it’s perfect!
- 2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- a knob of butter
- 1 medium potato (the kind you would use to do mash), roughly chopped
- 1 broccoli (in my recipe I used about 230 g but you can add more)
- 600 ml chicken or vegetable stock (that was the amount I used, you might need more depending on the quantity of vegetables you have)
- a dash of coconut milk (or cream)
- a splash of lemon
- salt and pepper (optional)
- croutons (optional)
1. In a pan, put the butter, onion and celery and cook until it is just soft. Add the potato and the broccoli and mix for a few seconds. Pour the chicken (or vegetable) stock, cover the pan and let it cook until all the vegetables are soft and ready to be mixed.
2. Blitz the soup with a hand blender or in a food processor until very smooth. Return to the pan. Add a splash of lemon, season it with salt and pepper if necessary and pour the coconut cream. Put a handful of croutons on top of your soup if you fancy. Enjoy! 🙂